This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Danni...Licensure?

Anything on the horizon as far as requiring licensure instead of certification for MA's?

Lorraine
CMA, CNA

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA, CNA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Re: Danni...Licensure?

I am very interested in this too. It sure would help!

As far as I know... not yet. As I mentioned on the Advanced Medical Assistant of America home page:

even today, the challenge we face remains getting the word out about proper education that leads to credentials through certification!!! Let alone licensure.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Admin

Danni,

I work part time and have some spare time. If there's anything I could volunteer to do to "further the cause" I think you have my email addy.

Lorraine
CMA, CNA

Are You Working? Yes

Lorraine,
Even though I was going to start off my reply with "That's awesome news!" I had to stop dead in my tracks and not do it, because you might think I am referring to your working part time. I am referring to the fact that you are able to lend me a helping hand!!! LOL.

Even though we both know you have been doing just that for quite a while now, without hardly ever getting any credit--except an occasional thank you--in our Medical Assistant Yahoo Group (which I have all but almost abandoned because of chronic lack of time here at my end). Knowing the Yahoo group is in good hands means a lot to me and takes a big chunk of work off of my hands.

Running all the web sites, online lessons at UniversalClass.com and my Blogs has kept me unbelievably busy year after year--but you already know that! LMAO. No need to elaborate here.

So, regarding your offer, let me say that first and foremost I'd like to see you continue posting to the Yahoo group. Also, coming back to this Medical Assistant Web Forum is a tremendous help. Although I have showed up here more than ever (lately!) borders a little short on a miracle and there is no telling how long it will last (although I really enjoy it).

If you should find that your family, part time job, and these forums do not fill out your days completely, and you'd like to do more for this (what I call) labor of love project, then yes, I'd be more than happy to utilize your incredible talents and knowledge in the medical assisting profession more.

What is it that you'd like to do most? Writing articles? Reviews? Career tips? Or perhaps getting the word out on something that you always wanted to let medical assistants know, a controversial issue perhaps (again--I guess that would fall under articles!). LOL.

The "Featured Articles" section on the Advanced Medical Assistant/Certmedassistant.com is becoming as stale as a stale old cabbage!

Let me know if this would something for you. And again thanks for the offer.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Admin

Danni,

I'd be glad to help in any way I can. I have the time (which is obvious since I'm always parked on my butt in front of the computer). I can do research if you need it. I'd certainly be willing to take a shot at an article, review, whatever.

I'd really be interested in educating people more about MAs. I still frequent the allnurses forum and I think the reason many nurses have such issues with MAs is because they are really unaware of our training and skills. They're appalled at the things in our scope of practice more than anything else due to ignorance on the subject.

You let me know what you need and I'll do my best.

Lorraine
CMA,CNA

Are You Working? Yes

Oh, and you know promoting licensure would be near and dear to my heart. :o)

Lorraine
CMA, CNA

Are You Working? Yes