This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Heads up...handy dandy notebook....

I picked up a fat, little notepad at Borders called MA notes. It's very handy to have. It's pretty thick and maybe 3"x5". It's full of handy info both admin and clinical. For admin, there are common codes, HIPAA info, charting info, tons of stuff. For clinical, color pics of how to place EKG leads, common meds along with their generics, CPR I think, chart for immunizations, and MUCH more. It also has blank note pages you can write on with pen then erase and re-write with an alcohol pad. I used that to write in the dosages for TB, B12, Pneumococcal and other common vaccines. It was 21.95 but I've seen it online for 19.99 somewhere.

I leave mine at work. It's very handy to have. I don't know a LOT of the generics yet and I just stick it in my pocket when I'm on the floor.

They also have one for nurses, btw.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA, CNA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Re: Heads up...handy dandy notebook....

I have an assessment book that is extremely handy! I like small versions that fit in your pocket. Sounds neat Lorraine!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA/ RMA/CNA /SN

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes

Do you think they have it at barnes and nobles?

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=0803612818&itm=1

They have it at the online one at least.

Are You Still In School? not yet

Are You Working? yes - not as an MA

I LOVE that little book.. Fabulous find.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA- Regional Occupational Program- Clinical Medical Assisting Instructor

Are You Working? Yes

I like the mini pdr dosing guide (3x5 about an inch thick) the drug reps leave them (yeah, free) - it has all the drugs with the forms and dosages. I use the index in the back as a "quick spell" for drug names. If you haven't got one yet try to get one of the reps to give you one. I got mine from the synthroid rep.

Chil

Your Professional Title/Credentials: M.A., EMT-P, MSNE,

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes