This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Question?

ST. Augustine Medical Assistant Online Education
Has anyone heard of this school? Or taken the program with them? I was looking at online medical assisting schools and found this one, along with Penn Foster and others.
I am trying to find an online program that I can do and get certified with. I seen you can get certified through the AMT, NHA and AAMA. What is the differnce betwen these?
I am a clinical assistant(CNA) at a hospital and am just wanting to add a short term program to help me with my current position and raise my hourly wage a bit. Any online programs that are short term that any of you know of please let me know so I can choose the best one. Thank you!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: C.N.A

Are You Still In School? i will be?

Are You Working? yes

Re: St. Augustine Medical Assistant Online School.

St. Augustine Educational Services is one example where awareness pays off before signing up for their medical assistant program. St. Augustine Educational Services on the Internet AKA St. Augustine Medical Assistant School (St Augustine medical assistant - Search) is advertised on the Internet as an accredited medical assistant online school. Cost: $645 -- Non-refundable! Their web site is located at medassistant.org and medicalassistant.us along with a number of other sister sites and a blog.

As seen on St. Augustine's home page:
"An Accredited, Convenient and Affordable Online Distance Education Program. You can now study online to earn an accredited Medical Assistant Certificate in just 6-8 weeks!"

The US Department of Education has recently posted clear and explicit warnings against schools that make exactly these kind of promises!

READ:
http://www.ed.gov/students/prep/college/diplomamills/diploma-mills.html#fake

They also warn about deception by using fake accrediting agencies. St. Augustine Medical Assistant School, for example, states that the schools is accredited by an organization called “The National Certification Board”. The National Certificatin Board's web site is at acertification.org where for a one-time-fee of just $200 anyone can buy accreditation for alternative health programs, colleges and graduates. By the way, they are based in Owensboro, Kentucky.

Armed with this information, you will be the judge whether St. Augustine Medical Assistant School online is for you.

Read the full story (there is more!!!) about St. Augustine Educational Services at Medical Assistant Education Caution: online medical assistant programs and what the US Department of Education wants you to know!

The website address is http://www.medicalassistant.net/online_education_caution.htm

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Site Admin