This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TO TELL THE TRUTH! / NEED FEEDBACK

TO TELL YOU ALL THE TRUTH, MY FIRST LOVE WAS TO BE A NURSE. I DID MAKE IT 1 YEAR AGO IN THE NURSING PROGRAM (LPN) WELL TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT, IN THE BEGINNING EVERYTHING WAS GOING FINE, BUT IN MY 4TH QUARTER, WE HAD TO DO CRITICAL THINKING, AND I BOMB ALMOST ALL OF THE TESTS, I JUST COULD NOT GET IT. I WAS GOOD IN MY CLINICALS, WITH THE PATIENTS, GOT ALONG WITH EVERYONE, SO WHEN I WAS DROPPED FROM THAT IT REALLY CRUSHED ME. SO NOW I AM BACK IN SQUARE 1, I AM NOT GETTING ANY YOUNGER (38) I AM GOING INTO MY 2ND QUARTER OF MED. ASSISTING. MED. ASSISTING HAD JUST CAME ALONG AFTER I WAS DROPPED, SO INSTEAD OF NOT GOING BACK I FIGURED I HAD ENOUGH NURSING EDUCATION TO AT LEAST GET ME IN SOMETHING IN THE MED. FIELD, THAT IS WHY I CHOSE THIS. I JUST WANTED SOME FEEDBACK ON THIS. WOULD YOU STAY IN MED. ASSIS. A WHILE AND THEN GO BACK AND TRY LPN OR RN AGAIN?
SUZANNE

Your Professional Title/Credentials: I HAVE A CERTIFICATE IN PHLEBOTOMY

Are You Still In School? YES, I AM IN MED. ASSIS. NOW, 2ND QUARTER

Are You Working? NO

Re: TO TELL THE TRUTH! / NEED FEEDBACK

I think that Medical Assisting would be a great way for you to "warm up" for going back to nursing school. Maybe even work as an MA for 6-12 months (for practical experience), then go bcak into nursing. NEVER give up on your dreams.

Are You Still In School? RMA, BMO

Cindy, nursing school is obviously not for everyone-which is likely why so many end up as medical assistants versus nurses. LPN is the lowest tierred nursing program and still it is very very difficult. I would venture to guess there are many many medical assistants out there that have had somewhat similar experiences to yours. Either they went briefly to nursing school such as you did, or just took a look at the mandatory prerequistes, & nursing classes and realized that being an actual nurse takes way more work than they bargained for or have intellectual ability to successfully complete.

I would stop beating myself up about it. Finish MA and see how it goes. Sometimes we just have to make up our minds to be happy with what we have at the moment and sometimes that means accepting our own limitations. We all have them, they're just different ones.

Best wishes and good luck to you. Cindy

oops, pardon my typos, mistakes above. (guess there are some of those limitations we all have that I talked about LOL!). Cindy

Re: Re: TO TELL THE TRUTH! / NEED FEEDBACK

Cindy,
Thanks for the advice you gave me about nursing . You really eased my mind about that.

Thanks again,

Suzanne

Your Professional Title/Credentials: I HAVE A CERTIFICATE IN PHLEBOTOMY

Are You Still In School? YES, I AM IN MED. ASSIS. NOW, 2ND QUARTER

Are You Working? NO