This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ohio MA pay rates etc.

Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know that in Ohio we are allowed to do ALOT as an MA, and also someone that just graduated from the MA program started out at 16.90 an hour to start. In Ohio MA's can do almost as much as an LPN, we can give injections, draw blood (in Ohio LPN schools (most of them) do not even teach venipuncture! I just wanted to add that even if you go to become a MA ....if you land a job at the hospital they will pay for your nursing school....sometimes this is the way to go. Just thought I would offer some advice for anyone that is thinking of going to school to become an MA!

Suzy

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? no

Re: Ohio MA pay rates etc.

Thanks for your Input Suzy...that is really encouraging to hear

Are You Still In School? Yes

Re: Ohio MA pay rates etc.

Excellent feedback Suzy!

I'd like to see more similar posts from all over the country. That's part of the reason why we have this web forum and why people surf in. They are looking for exactly this kind of info.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Web Site Owner/Admin

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes