This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Three jobs in one day!

Wow... This day has made me realize that good things REALLY do come to those who wait:
I just received three job offers, from three different companies, all wanting me to start immediately.
I already have a job, and am happy with it, but WHAT LUCK!!!
I posted earlier, to a few gals that were having trouble finding employment, that you have to be dilligent. I had trouble finding employment in Medical Assisting at first, too--but look at things now! It just takes time...

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA, BMO

Re: Three jobs in one day!

That is a nice ego boost. Always good to hear you are wanted.

It is nice for me..being a male in the field. It shows me that individuals are becoming more open to change, from the tradition and history of women as caregivers. I think it is also good for those who are seeking employment. Like I said before, it takes time. DON'T GIVE UP!!!

What type of positions are they? All clinic work?

Congrats on the offers! :)

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA,RMA, CNA, SN

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? yes

One is a managment position, the other are MA/X-ray. I'm on my school's educational advisory board, along with office managers, physicians, RMA/CMAs, etc. At our quarterly meeting, they met me, heard of my experience or my ideas, and wanted me to join their practices.
This is why it's a good idea to network...

Networking is very very important. In any business. Networking starts in your own neighborhood, playground, school, community college, local hospital, Internet, knitting circle, golf club, or anywhere else you are active.

Even in this case: since James will turn down these offers, if someone has networked with him, he will tell them to go and apply; they are hiring (and tell them I've sent you!) That's how many positions are filled (the old adage: "It's not what you know, but who you know!) Not that I always agree with the latter, but that's just fact. Ask your mailman!

It's a small world.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Web Site Owner/Admin

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

what state are you in? From what I read and hear in a lot of states it's much easier to get a job. In NY it's impossible if you dont have at least one year experience and dont speak Spanish I've been trying for over a year, I am a RMA, but that does not seem to matter.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Working? no

Kisa,

Nothing of interest in the links I sent you?

Lorraine

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA, CNA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

one link was for the Bronx, thats 2hrs and 3 trains away, the other - agency. I delt with a few agencies, what they usually do is- schedule an interview, take my resume and tell me they will call me. They never do. I don't know why they even bother to interview. I dont know if they get some kind of commission or bonus depending how many people they interview per day. I do appreciate, however, your trying to help!

Are You Working? no

Oops, so sorry. I'm obviously not familiar with the area. I sure hope something comes up for you soon! Have you tried the hospital tech positions? (ekg tech, phlebotomy, etc.) How about NA work until something better opens up? (PCT, NA)

Lorraine
CMA, CNA

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA, CNA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

In NYC you have to have a cerificate for EKG, phlebotomy in order to do it. Even though I am RMA and was traied in both,it does not matter,since I don't have those certificates I won't be hired for the positions.

Are You Working? no