This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
career exploration paper

My name is Ayana and I am in school for medical assisting. I have a few questions that I need answered for a career exploration paper that I'm doing, so, if someone doesn't mind...
1. What is the start of the day like?
2. What is the busiest and/or most hectic part of the day?
3. What would most say they enjoy about their job?
4. What opportunities exist for advancement?
5. What level of stress is associated w/ the job?
6. What are some of the ways you might handle the stressors?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: career exploration paper

1. What is the start of the day like? Counting narcotics, warming up x-ray, running sterilizer, opening and stocking rooms, ordering supplies and meds
2. What is the busiest and/or most hectic part of the day? Depends, we are a walk-in clinic
3. What would most say they enjoy about their job? Making a difference in regards to the patient
4. What opportunities exist for advancement? 4 dollar raise available but there is a cap for MA's
5. What level of stress is associated w/ the job? Not much until an emergency comes in. Someone walking in with a heart attack can raise your adrenalin
6. What are some of the ways you might handle the stressors? Stay calm and confident

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA,RMA, CNA, SN

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: career exploration paper

Mine's not as dramatic as Tracy's (I'm in a family practice office).

1. What is the start of the day like?
{Pulling charts for hospital mail, prescriptions, labs, etc. Filing, opening exam rooms, checking stock, answering phones). Our doc does rounds in the a.m. so our busy time is later in the day.

2. What is the busiest and/or most hectic part of the day? 11:00 a.m. until the end of the day.

3. What would most say they enjoy about their job?
We're a super busy practice so it's busy, busy, busy. Interaction with the patients.

4. What opportunities exist for advancement?
Unfortunately, not many where I am, aside from office manager or going back to school.

5. What level of stress is associated w/ the job?
It can get pretty hectic. We also do allergy injections, blood draws and EKGs. There's typically one girl on the floor and it can be tough to keep up if the doc decides to throw a couple blood draws in there or you have AIs to do. He gets a little "testy" if the rooms aren't full. :o)

Lorraine
CMA, CNA

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA, CNA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes