This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IS Medical Assistant a Good Career?

I was wonder if Medical Assisting is a good Career? I read on the Message boards that if you dont have 1-2 years experience you most likely wont get hired.

Re: IS Medical Assistant a Good Career?

Hi!

I don't think that there are many MA's who have a tough time finding a job but you will most likely start at the lowest pay range. I work for a university hospital and they seem to hire new MA's right and left!

Good luck!
UofMPeds

Your Professional Title/Credentials: medical assistant

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Really? Where's that? I'd like to know. I'm still waiting to be hired for over a year now and I am a RMA. Maybe it's just in NY. In other states it looks like there's a better chance to get into the field and get hired.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

I went through a medical assisting program in 2002. I got hired a month before graduation at the place I was doing my externship. I faxed my resume to several difference offices and got resposes from about three wanting to hiring me but I had already taken the job at my externship. I recently finshed my nursing pre-classes. Two summers ago right when I went back to school I worked as a temp for Mobile Medical Office and they really wanted me to stay when I left to go back to school. There does not seem to be a problem getting a job as a MA around here. Just start faxing your resume to office around the area, regardless of whether they are hiring, they may keep you on file for when they do.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C

Are You Still In School? BSN program

Are You Working? yes

hello, I just finished my extenship in a medical center here in Idaho ans was actually hired on after that, but with another doctor. I absolutley live my job and the people I work with. I work in internal medicine with the doctor who does colonoscopies. Go figure, I really thought I wantred peds, but this job is so much more interesting then sick babies. Being able to put peoples mind at ease and make them feel comfortable while at the office is so rewarding, and it is just not my patients, but all the patients in the clinic I might come across in the hall. I am 48 years old and after 25 years of raising kids I got to live my dream.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: ma

Are You Working? yes

you are very lucky!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Working? no