This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
aspiring clinical medical assistant

Hello,
I am hoping to get some help with a research assignment I am doing as a part of a financial aid requirement for school. I need to interview three more clinical medical assistants, preferably employed in Northern California but anywhere will do. The interview consists of just a few quick and easy questions, short answers will do. Thank you in advance for all your help!

1) What are your job duties?
2) What do you like most about your job (two things)?
3) What do you like least (two things)?
4) Would you recommend this occupation?
5) Entry-level pay?
6) Pay increases when?
7) Pay after three years?
8) Is this occupation in demand? Why/why not?
9) How many job openings have there been in the last 6 months at your place of employment?
(It would be nice if you could include the name of your employer and city but I COMPLETELY understand if you do not want to give that information out, or any other information requested if you do not feel comfortable answering.)

Again, thank you for all your help - it is very much appreciated.
-Michelle

Re: aspiring clinical medical assistant

1) What are your job duties? Patient check-in, vitals, drawing blood, running lab tests, taking x-rays, assisting with procidures and casting, administering injections, breathing treatments, ordering supplies, filling prescriptions etc..
2) What do you like most about your job (two things)? The patient contact and the constant learning experience
3) What do you like least (two things)? Monotony,salary cap
4) Would you recommend this occupation? Yes
5) Entry-level pay? $11-13
6) Pay increases when? 1 year
7) Pay after three years? $13
8) Is this occupation in demand? Why/why not? In this area yes, doctors offices are always hiring in the bigger cities
9) How many job openings have there been in the last 6 months at your place of employment? 1
I am near Madison, WI

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA,RMA, CNA, SN

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? yes