This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What can a back office assist do?

I work in a dermatology office in AZ and I don't have any schooling, or training except for what I have learned on the job. However we do give injection and numb all the patients before surgeries and procedures without the Dr in the room of course. We don't even have a nurse on staff. My question is: Is it legal for us to give injections without any kind of degree or certificate? Anything or any idease where I could find out would be helpful.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: back office assist.

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: What can a back office assist do?

Boy, I wouldn't want to do that without proper schooling, but I bet you are working under your physicians liscence.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA,RMA, CNA, SN

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? yes

Trish,

I would encourge you to do some research on this, AZ is one of the few states that have regulations for MA's.

This is a good article to get you started.

http://www.amt1.com/site/files/315/15341/60000/55084/Lawful_scope_of_Practice.pdf

Chil

Your Professional Title/Credentials: M.A

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

I don't think administering anesthesia falls under the MA's dutis in any state.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA/ CNA/ SN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes