This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dialysis clinic duties as an MA?

Has anyone here worked at a dialysis clinic? What do MAs do there?

Laura

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? Just graduated

Are You Working? Looking

Re: Dialysis clinic duties as an MA?

Laura
DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I work at a dialysis center for 6 months and hated every minute of it!! For starters the pay sucks I olny make $ 10 hr. The hours are really bad, I had to be at work at 5am and I worked till about 4pm. That means I got up around 4am. As for as the patients....... most of them are were either addicted to drugs, alcholoics or just didn;t care about there bodies. There were some that did care abut they were few. Some of my duties were: access the central port ot place the dialysis needles into the patients access ( they are are huge needles!). I had to set up the machine, calculate the amount of fluid to be taken off of the Pt, moniter them during the Tx., give IV bolus when they "crashed", cleam and take dowm machine lines. This is just to name a few of the duties. It wasn't worth $10 hr!!!!! Not to mention how NASTY it is!!! So, STAY AWAY FROM ANY DIALYSIS CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA, DT, CNA

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes