This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone attend PIMA Medical?

Hi. I am looking into starting a MA course soon and am visiting all the schools in my area, Las Vegas. So far I like Pima the best. Anyone attend there? They are located in several differet states. Here in Vegas there are 30-50 ads every Sunday for MA positions. There seems to be a shortage here, but most say experience required, so I'm still not so sure how easy it will be to get started.

Rose

Re: Anyone attend PIMA Medical?

Well I know that schools differ in many areas, but PIMA has a bad rep here in Colorado Springs. I hear through gravevines that many places won't touch PIMA grads. BUT....that is here. Where you are they may be fantastic.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? yes on externship

Are You Working? for free!

Re: Anyone attend PIMA Medical?

I didn't care for the presentation or treatment at PIMA. I was registered and all ready to attend and at the last minute I decided on NCI. While the school was great to me it was a huge waste of money because the salaries suck in this profession.......at least in the Vegas area. I'm 57, separated and REALLY SCARED because on top of having a $7,000 school loan to pay off I now have to worry about being able to make it on $11 an hour IF I am even lucky enough to make that much. What scares me even more is will anyone hire someone my age? I just feel that I made a big mistake in careers. Good luck to you guys!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? nope