This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Finding a place to do externship, help!

I can't find a place to do my externship. I've tried all my family doctors and I can't find a soul!

Re: Finding a place to do externship, help!

Your school should be doing this for you!!! That is why you pay them!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA, DT, CNA

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

You could contact your local hospitals and see if there are any sattelite offices they could refer you to.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA,RMA, CNA, SN

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? yes

When I went through a medical asssisting program my school found me and every one else in my class an extership sight. We could make requests but every one got a place to go. Except for one woman that burnt her bridges as a patient at every gernaral practice left. You can get turned down for an extership, the medical offices do have a right to not accept students.
But your school should be doing this for you!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C

Are You Still In School? BSN program

Are You Working? yes

My externship cost is included in my tuition.The school I selected is going to provide me with that final part of my training!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Laid off from Sony Electronics.

Are You Still In School? Just starting in the fall.

Are You Working? no