This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I got a raise!

I got a raise, whoo whoooo, now I work for three peanuts a week instead of two...LOL I got a 0.50 raise. I now get 9.50....been at my job over four years, think it should be more than that by now, but the docs I work for are cheap.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C

Are You Still In School? BSN program

Are You Working? yes

Re: I got a raise!

Good for you!!!! You're on your way up the ladder .

Perfect example of someone earning the trust and recognition at work and working their way up. First one raise... then the next... then the next. Then, after that you will either get promoted or land an even better job elsewhere because now you don't only have the experience... you can also say, during the (2nd) interview (if they ask): "Well, on my old job I earned this and that much. I'd expect atleast that to start with a raise after my probationary period." That's the way most professionals do it. LOL.

And thanks for posting... some people here need to read exactly this kind of a message.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Web Site Owner/Admin

Are you being sarcastic??
I do realize that I stay at my job because of school and stuff. But I have not benifits, paid vacations, or paid holidays and they no longer pay into my 401K since I have gone back to school, even thought I work full time in the summer. They call me per-diem. I think next summer I am going to lay it out "This is how much you save by not paying my insurace, this number of vacations that are over the summer, and the % you save by not paying into a 401K, but I work just as hard or harder than some, and am flexible when I am availabe." and then tell they how much I want to make an hour. Some times you have to do the number crutching for you because doning it themselves they would have to really adknowledge that they were taking advantage of you.

Are You Working? yes

No, I think she was being congratulatory, not sarcastic. Way to go!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA/ CNA/ SN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Ok I wan't sure. I was afraid he thought I was being complainy and ungratful....thanks for the congradulation!

Are You Working? yes

Send me an email. I can send you a guide I have on negotiation.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: working on it

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

Hearts -

I don't know what state your in but I think I'll hug my Doc tomorrow because I thought he was the tighest *** in the country, but trust me after that story, HOLY COW...shoot with that much experance and the loyality to stay I could get you 10.00 tomorrow.

Good Luck

Your Professional Title/Credentials: M.A

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

That is still working for peanuts if you ask me. I live in the state of Ga. and this little town starts off more than $10.00 an hour, and you have been there for 4 years. I think you need to look for another doctor's office. WOW!

Plus, since I am not working "full time" because I have gone back to school (even though I worked full time and saturdays all summer) they do not give me any medical benifits (other than seeing me for free) not paid vacations, no paid holidays, no sick days and they cut off my 401K. With as much as they are saving on me with all the stuff they took away they could afford to pay me more. Plus, I was accepted into a BSN program so I have lots of extra traing for my pre-nursing courses. I do not know how many times our front office girl (who I was working with part of the summer because I am dual trained) asked my what a diagnosis was or what part of the body this was from because I have taken anatomy and physio...guess I am just too loyal

Are You Still In School? Nursing

Are You Working? Last day was saturday, but will work again this winter

And did I mention that I work in the $$$$$ state of california?!!??

Are You Still In School? Nursing

Are You Working? Last day was saturday, but will work again this winter