This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exam book

I wanted to know what is the best book to study to take CMA exam.

Re: Exam book

your text book? I never used anything else.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C

Are You Still In School? BSN program

Are You Working? yes

I would but it been a while snice I grauated and I have misplace my text book. So I have to buy a book to study for the exam.

Shame there isnt a place to upload files... I have the 800+ study guide questions and answers for the NR-CMA. Great study aid.

Joyce

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NR-CMA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

My class was issued a book called MEDICAL ASSISTING REVIEW-PASSING THE CMA AND RMA EXAMS(published by McGraw-Hill). It covers everything and would have been darn helpful with tests and studies earlier in the school year,but we didn't get the book til the final few weeks (typical of that school). Was it helpful? I got the highest score possible for the RMA so I guess it was.
There is also a "Practice Exam" from AMT,but it costs. Luckily,we had them handed out to us in class (and weren't charged anything). This has over 100 practice questions which will give you an idea to the 200 on the RMA. Bear in mind that the RMA is given almost every day of the year while the CMA is only twice a year. The tests questions are similar.
If anyone wants "an idea" what is on the practice exam papers,let me know.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified

Are You Still In School? No

I'm letting you know!!

I'll be taking the RMA in the next month or two,( I'm taking it by computer just waiting for AMT to send me back my paperwork so I can go take it) I've been out of school for about 2 months now and I'm worried I've forgotton stuff. Plus I really hated all the admin stuff I must admit to being really scard of the insurance part. How big a part does it play?
Thanks,

Robyn

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Working? yes

I took the exam 4 months after my last class. I spent 2 weeks beforehand studying a little every day,and took all of the quizzes on the CD that came with my book. I was worried about the admin part also,and knocked myself out beforehand studying things like banking Turns out I didn't need to know as much as I thought when it came to that. Know the Medicare stuff for sure. I remember a lot of questions on surgical instruments. You will know a lot of the answers instantly and don't forget it's 200 questions and you have a couple hours,in a fairly relaxed atmosphere. Taking a test at a center is better than a classroom. And good luck.

Thanks,

I'm thinking I may know a few of the instruments as I work in a OB/GYN office and have to fetch a few of them from time to time.

I'm just so worried about the admin stuff!! ICK! Wish I could just take it on back office since that is all I do anyway!!

Robyn

Are You Working? yes

CMA EXAM

I am almost through with the MA Course, and getting kind of scared to take the program final and the CMA exam. I think that there will be lots of questions that will hard to answer. It would be grateful to get some feedback before taking the exam, and the tools I need that will help me get prepared for the exam.

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes