This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT GETTING BACK IN THE MA FIELD

I became a MA in 2000 worked for about a year left because i got pregnant and me and husband decide to have me home.Anyways we end up moving to TX and right now i am working at Frito Lay but i really want to get back in the medical field.Do anybody know what i can do to get back in?????????/

Re: I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT GETTING BACK IN THE MA FIELD

Watch the WANT ads in your local paper or visit your nearest unemployment office and see what M.A. jobs are listed and apply.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Laid off from Sony Electronics.

Are You Still In School? Just starting in the fall.

Are You Working? no

You could go the AMT or AAMA websites and see what you need to do for recertification.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA/ CNA/ SN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

How long does one have to be out of the profession before they need re-certified? It's only been 6 years since they last worked in the field---just wondering

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Laid off from Sony Electronics.

Are You Still In School? Just starting in the fall.

Are You Working? no

Through AAMA one has to be recertified every 5 years- or earn enough continuing education credits to be exempt from the exam. I am certified through AMT and have to pay dues to receieve good standings each year.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA/ CNA/ SN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

My certification in california lasts five years. I am not due until about july 2007, but I already have about 5 times as many CEU's I need from taking pre-nursing courses so I will re-cert early, but I still will not have to re-cert again until five years from july 07. I supose it depends state to state and which way you certified. I know some people cert nationally, I a not sure how long those last.

Re: I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT TAKING THE PSB EXAM FOR LPN

DO ANYONE KNOW WHAT I CAN STUDY TO TAKE THIS TEST I TRY THE STUDY GUIDE BY MARION GOODING BUT I FAIL THE TEST ANY HELP WILL DO

Your Professional Title/Credentials: medical assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes