This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hi From Houston, Texas I got a few questions

Hi,
I'am sorry if I get a little long winded but...
I graduated form school in 1998 I worked here and there but nothing really stable (raising a family, taking care of a disabled child) My questions(s)are:

I am trying to find training that I can market with my Medical Assistant & Nursing Assistant Certificates any suggestions?

Currently I am taking care of my aunt how should I word that on my resume, And I also take care of my son who is diabled

My school say it is best for me to get certified b/c now it is recommended should I do this?

I'am enrolled in a communtiy college for the LVN program currently BUT>> I have to take 2 semesters of prereq's and that is time I do not have So should I just go anyway even thouh NONE of my courses from my MA or NA program will not transfer over??

Sorry I am just trying to get my ducks in a row could some one please help!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? NO

Re: Hi From Houston, Texas I got a few questions

Can anyone please answer my questions I try to ask other ppl in the field but noone has given me anything I would like to do do anyone here have any suggestions?

Are You Working? NO

TO the board: I already got my answers thanks to prayer, I have decided to branch out on my MA experience and go from there I already got 2 call backs from doctors I applied too.

Are You Working? NO

Congratulations! Maybe you can get some tuition reimbursement and further your education that way :)

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA/ CNA/ SN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

That would be a great help too me, The first Doctor I interviewed with supports his MA futhering their education I hope I get the position!

Are You Working? NO