This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EMR

I was wondering, how many people working in offices with electronic medical records?

Did you go though the process of convertion in your practice? What pitfalls did you run into?

What program does your practice use?

What do you like about it, what do you dislike about it?

Thanks in advance for the information,
Chil

Your Professional Title/Credentials: M.A

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: EMR

We don't as of yet.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA/ CNA/ SN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

The office I work in is 100% paperless. I didn't go through the process with them as it was up and running for about a year before I went to work for them. The EMR we use is called Gmed. It is a wonderful thing to have Pt's charts at your fingertips but there are some draw backs as well. One of the biggest drawback is that each piece of paper (ie: labs, x-rays, dictation from other doc's and some path reports) must all be scanned into the Pt's chart. This means alot of scanning!!!!!! The front office people scan dication into the chart but the MA's must scan all clinical results into the chart and then foward it along with a message to the Doc for review. This is really the only negative thing about it. I would never go back to a paper chart!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA, DT, CNA

Are You Working? yes

BradT,

How do your Rx's work with it? Do you use a high speed scanner? Was the software difficult to learn? Is it present in a "user friendly" format. I went to the web site but I didn't see any screen shots of the interface.

Please tell me more -

Thanks,
Chil

Your Professional Title/Credentials: M.A

Are You Working? yes

Rx are printed from the Pt's charts (Pt calls in , receptionist sends message to MA or Doc, we either print Rx or just call it in). All Pt's Rx history is stored in the section of the chart called Rx's. Form there you can make any changes to the Rx them print it for the Doc to sign. Not sure what kind of scanner we use but it is fast ( i'll look tomorrow to see what kind it is). The whole system is very user friendly, it only takes someone with computer experience a few days to lear it.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA, DT, CNA

Are You Working? yes

We are totally paperless where I work. We use the EPIC system. It has its good and bad points. Since everything has to be documented, when you are running around rooming people and getting things for the doctor, and get back to the ringing phone. You have to document every phone call. We also use it for all orders sush as, xray, labs, meds, mris, etc. We are also filmless. Our xrays are on the PACS system. Naomi CMA

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Did you go though the process of convertion from paper charts?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: M.A., EMT-P, MSNE,

Are You Working? yes