This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Starting Medical Assistant Program but still not sure!!!! Help!!!!

Please help me!!! I'm 29 years old, married, and a mom of 2 small children. I'm supposed to be starting a MA progam next month and I really want to be sure I'm making the right decision.

My main concern is flexibility. Would you say that MA's have an opportunity to work a flex schedule (instead of the 8-5 thing, maybe 7-3)? Do MA's work in hospitals?

I'm also confused about whether I should change to a Patient Care Tech program because I feel that because they work in hospitals they work a more flex schedule. Am I right? Are they paid more that MA's?

I am so confused. Please help me!!

Are You Still In School? Starting School

Are You Working? Yes

Re: Starting Medical Assistant Program but still not sure!!!! Help!!!!

In my experance, I have found medical offices often have stagged schedules that can accommadate children school hours. As an MA with school age children working as a school nurse is a great option because you are off when your children are off.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: M.A

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes