This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recommendation For MA School Tampa Florida

Hi Folks, I am currently a Patient Transport Driver for a local Hospital here in Tampa Florida.
I was looking for a transfer to a Medical Assistant. Does anyone know of a good two year degree school around the Hillsborough and Pasco county area ??? I need to change occupations and get off the road. I would really appreciate your input. Thanks.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Patient Transport Driver

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Re: Recommendation For MA School Tampa Florida

Committees on Accreditation - Health Education Promgrams, CAAHEP http://www.caahep.org, lists the following schools. These school are all acredited. In AZ we have to be really careful about that and can really only hire people who have completed training at a CAAHEP acredited school - I don't know anything about any of them but checking into the schools that have this blessing whould be a good starting point.

Southwest Florida College - Tampa, FL

David G Erwin Technical Center - Tampa, FL

Florida Metropolitan University - Tampa - Tampa, FL

Florida Metropolitan University -Tampa College-Pinellas - Clearwater, FL

Chil

Your Professional Title/Credentials: M.A., EMT-P, MSNE,

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Chil,

I am having a difficult time pulling that website up. Do you know any recommended school in Hawaii? Can you look into Med-Assist School of Hawaii, if that school is an accredited school. I know Med-Assist is a 9-month program. I would like to finish school as soon as possible since my age is catching up with me and my therapist suggest changing field of work (I work in an office with 90% of my time is on the computer).

April

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Here you go

Hawaii
Heald College of Business and Technology - Honolulu, HI

Kapiolani Community College - Honolulu, HI

Your Professional Title/Credentials: M.A., EMT-P, MSNE,

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes