This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So, You Are Working But Are NOT YET Certified? Know Your Options! Free.

This is for anybody working in the health care industry who has NOT YET logged on to Advanced Medical Assistsant of America's home page and requested the FREE career information kit.

It explains various credentials and membership programs and avenues how to obtain certification from NHA and AMT (both!) should do so today. It is very important to know your options and make informed decisions when it comes to your career. This includes getting the right education and credentials.

Log on to
http://www.certmedassistant.com

and ask for the free brochures for health care professionals!!! I've worked hard to get this info for you.

=> Don't wait! Know your options!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Site Admin

Re: So, You Are Working But Are NOT YET Certified? Know Your Options! Free.

Teachers:
Please remember to encourage your medical assistant students to request this information, too. It helps to be informed! Especially on today's very competitive job market.

Thanks.

Danni R.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Site Admin

It shouldn't be an option to get certified. Left up to a group of ex students and not all of them will want or take the time to. Then what did you go to school for all those months? Every MA student that goes into a program should be telling themself that they WILL get certified as soon as they are done with the schooling. Maybe all of them do but then they find out along the way that it isn't always required,thanks to the fact that this VITAL field is not a licensed one. The schools should be pushing it from day one. We heard talk through out the year (mainly in the direction of AAMA and ALWAYS because supposingly the end result is bigger bucks) but not once did I hear a teacher say "Don't wait around months or years to do something about it,get it done as soon as possible,even if you find a job that doesn't care that you aren't". But since it isn't mandatory then the importance of it wasn't stressed enough. All MA programs should be arranging for their schools to be testing sites,or at least be helping out with the application processes. Out of my class of 12 last December,4 of us took a certifying exam since then(3 did it at school). Maybe one or 2 more will. And maybe not.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

I am a "STUDENT MEMBER" of A.A.M.A. Only in my 2nd mode at school and already planning to take the exam soon after graduation while things are still fresh. I agree with you 100% that it should be mandatory to be mentioned at lease "once" while you are in school. I happened to see it mention on A.A.M.A. web page as I was investigating my new field of study and thought to myself if I'm going into this profession why not go all the way. This is why I think it is so important in choosing what school you go to as far as accredidation goes and the reason I chosed my school. Still, you never hear anyone suggest the fact that there could be more monies involved our more prestige involved not to mention the fact you are helping to secure your job for the future

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA Student

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

I wanted to thank you for the information. I am glad for you and this forum to give me all the know how of being a great medical assistant. I have been working in the healthcare field for 10 years, and I just went back to school for medical assisting and will be finished in 6 weeks. So I am seeking all the information that I can about my new career.

Thanks again, Selah..............

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Personal Care Technician

Are You Still In School? YES

Are You Working? YES

Selah,
thank you very much for taking a moment to post how helpful this medical assistant message board has been to you. It is not only a pat on my back, but also, there are a number of very faithful forum participants that have taken the initiative to return over and over to share their knowledge and guidance.

Nobody asked them, and nobody pays them for their time. To them it is strictly seen as lending a helping hand. It takes a special person to do that, especially since there are certain issues that require some patience. One of them definitely is posting the same answer over and ower as the questions repeat themselves.

There are some people who have done that. But whether someone contributes regularly or just one time, I cannot say it often enough:

I couldn't have done it alone!

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner / Site Admin

HELLO DANNI
I WAS VERY HAPPY TO FIND THIS WEB.
MY SITUATION IS VERY FRUSTRATING. I HAVE A GERMAN DIPLOMA IN MEDICAL ASSISTANT. I TOOK A 3 YEAR COURSE IN GERMANY AND GRADUATED IN MAY 1991. AND SINCE THEN I AM WORKING AS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT.
IN 1999 I MOVED TO CANADA UND MY GERMAN DIPLOMA IS NOT ACCEPTED HERE.
DO YOU HAVE ANY HELPFULL TIPS WHAT I CAN DO TO GET MY DIPLOMA AND GET CERTIFIED??
PLEASE ,PLEASE HELP ME. I FILLED IN BOTH FORMS TODAY TO GET MORE INFO.
THANKS ANNA

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MEDICAL ASSISTANT, GERMAN DIPLOMA

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? YES, 19 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE