This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sanford Brown in NY

Hi Im considering starting MA training at Sanford Brown Institute, NY, is anybody familiar with this place?? Any recommendations?
Also, I want to work in hospitals how hard is it for a MA to get a job in one? Bye

Are You Working? no

Re: Sanford Brown in NY

I have a friend who went to Sanford Brown here in Maryland. From what she has told me the school is why to expensive!!! You are better off going through a communinty college program. My total program cost around 4,000 plus books. She paid A LOT more ( not sure how much, but I do know a it was alot). At Sanford brown you end up with a diploma, at a community college you can either get a diploma or a degree. I am currently in the degree program at a local college. I also have another friend who went to TESST College to become a MA. She paid a huge amount as well and only ended up with a diploma. So, CHECK OUT COMMUNINTY COLLEGE!!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA, DT, CNA

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

I currently attend Sandford Brown it is expensive it cost $12,000 to attend. But it is worth it, The teachers are very helpful and the classes are broken down in away that you could learn very easy and get all A's & B's

Your Professional Title/Credentials: medical assistant student

Are You Working? no

Any program that allows anyone to easily get As and Bs is something to wonder about. When they make it too easy,such as giving test answers,believe me,you are not learning anything. The school I attended did such a thing and there were tensions and resentments in my class. All of the stuff that is taught is IMPORTANT so it shouldn't be too easy,for anyone.
As for paying a lot of money-at the time I thought that I would be getting a job within 6 months after classes ended and would be on my way to paying off the $4000. Well,here it is 8 months later and no job. Each month when I make that loan payment I kick myself for not going to a community college.

I'm working on an MA certificate at a tech school. I work at the University Wisconsin hospital now as a secretary and see a lot of potential for MA's in the hospital setting. Also, our primary care clinic has many MA's. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to be in this position.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Administrative Secretary

Are You Working? yes

Sanford Brown is ridiclious

Your Professional Title/Credentials: EKG tech

Are You Working? no

Sanford Brown prepared me for this field. When I went on externship I felt very comfortable on site. I got A's & B's because I study hard. That how I got my grades. It's not easy for other people because they don't study and do the work or they cheat off other people. I believe that anyone who had a problem did not apply themselves.

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

DO NOT waste your $$. I attended SB here in FL for 5 months then realized they are just out for your $$. Was going for Ultrasound Tech program when I had an attack of appendicitis and had surgery...I was going to be out for a week. They told me I had to retake the WHOLE semester...so I left and didn't have to owe too much on the $30K in loans. Plus now, my class credit on the classes I did finish won't transfer to the community college.
Go to your local Community College, you will be WAY better off!!