This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MA hired part time

Right now I am a SAHM but I would like to go back to work. I have always been interested in being a medical assistant. I even started the program at a technical college about 12 years ago but was in a car accident and had to drop out. My problem is this, are medical assistants also hired on a part time bases. I am concerned about summers. I have a 13 and almost 10 year old and I don't want them home alone for 9 hours a day mon-friday during the summer. MY daughter who will be going to high school next year is to old for a babysitter so I am not sure what to do. I was thinking maybe I should just forget about being an MA and work on my office skills ( typing) and work for a temp agency. I have been a SAHM for 6 yrs so this is a big decision for myself and my family. The kids aren't too happy that I am thinking about going back to work.

thanks for any help

bev

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Re: MA hired part time

We have one medical assistant here in this forum who solved this probelem very simply . She works in the school nurse's office. When the school's closed and the kids stay home, she's home, too.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Site Admin

Hi

I am a MA, I work in the public school system. I get holidays off and summers off. A full time position is 32.5 hours a week with benefits. There is NO OVERTIME, NO VACATION TIME. You are alotted personal time and sick time only. You are required to be CERTIFICATION: Epipen Admin., CPR, Difib, Basic First Aide. It is mandatory to attend Mtgs held by school officials. Don't be fooled, it is hard work. I love it but like every other job you need to consider if you like children, paperwork (lots of it)and mtgs and certification are kept current.

Partime jobs are availabe at other clinics and hospitals, I am not aware of summers off though. Have you try a temp agency? Sometime hospitals will hire through temp agency too. Give that a try.

Hope this helps.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Can any Medical Assistant PLEASE help me?

Hello,
My name is Tonya my email is timtoni@hotmail.com

I am trying to receive training to become a Medical Assistant, in order to do so I have to interview 2 Medical Assistants. Would you be willing to take the time and answer just 7 questions!!! PLease I only have until the 23rd.If so the questions go as follows:

Business Name:

Address:

Phone Number:

Contact person: (YOU)

1. What skills and personal characteristics do you need to perform this job sucessfully?

2.What education or training is required and most valued for this type of work?

3. What is the range of income possible for the persons in this field?

4.What type of activites or tasks do you perform daily?

5. What special advice would you give someone in this field?

6. What tips can you give me to obtain employment in this field?

7. What part of this job do you find most satisfying

Your Professional Title/Credentials: student

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no