This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MAing in OB/GYN offices

I'm doing a research paper on the roles medical assistants play in OB/GYN offices...is anyone working in that type of practice? Please let me know what role you play and what your responsibilities there are. Thanks!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: student

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

Re: MAing in OB/GYN offices

I work in an OB/GYN office.

I am a float for now. I get pt.'s do weight, BP, and put them in the bathroom if they are OB. I dip urine, listen to fetal heart tones, assist Dr. with procedures, give injections. ( mostly Rhogam, Depo Provera , and Rocephin) Some Depo Lupron.

Was this what you were looking for? If you have a specific question just ask.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Hi,

I worked in the OB/GYN Hospital in Boston, MA and my duties included:

OB Day On Weds/Fridays
Blood Draw
Wt
BP
Hospital Delivery Information
Arranging L&D Tours
Once A Month: Meet and Greet Dr: Cocktail Hour @L&D

GYN Days
PHR: Assisting with PapSmeart/GemProbes
WT
HT
Preparing Wet Prep Slides
UA
Pregnancy Test (Urine/Blood)
Refilling Medications
Assist in Day Surgs: Cryosurg, Cone BX, Cervical BX

Paper work consist of:
Billing Insurances
Making Arrangements for Special Testing In Hosp
Calling Pt/apt, test results

Now it seems like alot, it's not. Great place to work and you learn more than you can ever imagine.
Great field to get into. Any other questions, please feel free to ask. I have 5 + yrs in
OB/GYN out of 15 years exp.

Happy writing

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Hi, I was looking on a blog you posted about your responsibilities as a Medical Assistant in an OBGYN clinic. I have to do a presentation on what a typical day would be like as a Medical Assistant working in an OBGYN clinic. If you have the time do you think you could help me by writing a description of your typical day? It would be greatly appreciated and tons of help for me and my class!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Student

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes