This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How do you get your foot in the door for a position??

Hello, First time posting.

I am having a hard time finding a job, I graduated in May 06, and yet have not been able to get a job, I have been told that I need at least 2 years of experience first. How can i get the experience if I cant get a job?
Any suggestions?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA/MA

Are You Still In School? graduated May 06

Are You Working? No HELP

Re: How do you get your foot in the door for a position??

Volunteering, shadowing, anything to get yourself recognized by the complany can help. Contact your school. They usually have a list of potential employers looking to hire new grads :)

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA/ CNA/ SN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

networking is important.

Only now I get it, my HS reunion was this year and, it wasn’t about the people, it was another missed networking opportunity. Volunteer opportunities, local service organizations (my wife calls them “organized drinking”), temp agencies, all have contacts that are more important than the activities that you engage in. We as a culture shut ourselves off so bad things don’t happen. The transit driver, C-store clerk, UPS driver, Fedex person, neighbor, the MA in the doctors office, all should have your card with contact information and know you are looking for work as a _______.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: working on it

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

Hi,
I remember getting my local telephone book, printing up many resumes and cover letters and doing a mass mailing. I made a list of places I send and made f/u calls to them asking if they received the resume and asked them to keep my resume on file, thank them for there time. It took 6 weeks but the calls started coming 2 or three a week.

Hope this helps!
Don't give up, it is just a matter of time

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes