This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
skills

I have been out of work for 2 years now and I am constantly "getting since you have not drawn blood in 2 years we cannot hire you" what am i to do? so now are my skills basically obsolete? I need to work i have kids

hopeless

Your Professional Title/Credentials: registered medical assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Re: skills

The school you did your training at should allow you to come back in to practice whatever you haven't done in a while.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Re: skills

Here's another alternative: seek "volunteer" work at a clinic for the homeless or indigent.

We have several here in the Oklahoma City area. This is what I did to bring my skills back up after an absence. Then you can put this "volunteer" work down as "experience."

you might also try applying at a blood plasma center. A lot of them hire "trainees" straight off the street.

Good luck in your search!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BSE; RMA(AMT)

Thinking about going to MA school

Hi everyone. My name is Lyn and I am 30 something. I am thinking about going to MA school in Cincinnati. I am really scared that it will be hard. I have 3 kids (13,13 and 11). I really want to be a MA, but I would like to know how hard the classes are.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Sub. teacher

Are You Still In School? No

Re: Thinking about going to MA school

School is not "hard" unless you miss a lot of class and do NOT keep up with you assignments. MA skills are not rocket science. Anyone with a will and desire to succeed can graduate from MA school. A word of caution, be careful about the school you will attend. Check out their credentials and find out what type of certification test you will be able to sit for when graduating. Will it be the AAMA, AMT, AAMP or some other "test." How long is the school? Is it accredited by CAAHEP, ABHES, or some other entity?

If you have any additional questions about MA school please contact me via e-mail: suzyashmore@hotmail.com

I have been teaching medical assisting since 1994.

Good luck in you endeavor. I know you can do it.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: B.S.E., RMA, AHI

Are You Working? yes