This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help finding a school

Can anyone recommend a school they went to in Enfield CT, Springfield Ma, Chicopee Ma,Worcester Ma and anywhere Western Ma . I have been looking into STCC in Springfield, but the area is not that great and one of the classes is at night. So I have been trying to find other collages. I am already stressed between looking for a course nearby and trying to chose between taking a Phlebotomy or a Medical Assisting Course. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: none yet

Are You Still In School? I am looking into schools now

Are You Working? not yet

Re: Help finding a school

Para,

Go for medical assisting! You will learn phlebotomy there. Most programs today are accellerated. It will take much less time than you think to graduate and get to work.

Even though I highly recommend STCC (graduates can sit for the RMA certification) here are some other schools where I not only graduated from (Porter & Chester) but also had the privilege to teach the MA curriculum.

Porter & Chester Institute Chicopee, Massachusetts, and Enfield, CT.
http://www.porterchester.com/medical.html

Branford Hall Career Institute Springfield, Massachusetts.
http://www.branfordhall.com/

Ultrasound Diagnostics School Springfield, Massachusetts.
http://www.xap.com/gotocollege/campustour/undergraduate/6139/Ultrasound_Diagnostic_School__Springfield/Ultrasound_Diagnostic_School__Springfield1.html

Danni R.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Thanks Danni,
I am finding it is a lot of work looking into schools. I would rather take the medical Assisting course instead of the Phlebotomy, but I am wondering how much harder the class will be and a year is a long time for a course for me, but I will have more skills and opportunity if I go for medical assistant. I am trying to weigh the pros and cons of both. I think I am going to visit a few places and maybe after I find out more details I can decided. Do you know if I can go back and take additional courses later if I just take the Phlebotomy course? Thanks for your help.

I would love to just go to STCC, but I am very nervous about taking a class there at night. Someone told me that the parking is off campus and you have to walk a few mins to the collage.I am going to try to see if I can find classes for the day there. Then I will go there. If not then your other suggestions are very helpful.Potter is pretty close too.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: none yet

Are You Still In School? I am looking into schools now

Are You Working? not yet

I don't know of any schools close to you but be very wary of the admission reps at post-secondary schools they will try to get you to sign up the same day. Make sure the school's program is acreddited and recgonized. Just because a school offers the program doesnt mean once you graduate you are able to sit for the CMA or RMA test.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Secretary/MA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes