This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Being A Polite Medical Assistant!

Hi All Medical Assistants and Others,

As I have stated many times already, I have been a Medical Assistance for 15 years. I love the diversity of the job. My skills have grown through the years and was capable of doing more in the clinics/hospitals with more exp. I never wanted to go for LPN or RN lic. I am happy with being an MA. I do want to call attention to the fact to everyone who has asked any of these questions, "Why dont you go for your LPN/RN Lic?" or the comment "Your just an MA?" How about when you correct someone who has mistaken you for a nurse,"I am a Medical Assistant" I say politely. the response is "Oh, I thought you were a RN!" This could be taken as a compliment I guess but I don't why we have such a negative response to the title "Medical Assistant" When I am mistaken for a RN or LPN I am quick to correct them, I never want someone to think I am practicing as an RN in anyway! Does anyone know why we have a bad rep? This has been 15 years and this is the same! I really love my work and continue to this day grow in my field and have learned from all staff members RN, LPNs, Drs, Support Staff we work as a team and all have valuable skills to offer we just need to be open to receive it. Be proud of your title, care for your patients as it was your mother, your father, grandmother etc you will have happy patients which trickles down to happy co-workers. Treat others the way you want to be treated! Take care all my fellow Medical Assistants. Hold your heads high with pride!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: Being A Polite Medical Assistant!

Hi MA415yrs -- I just love your nickname! That's a very good one and easy to remember.

I've read your article and wanted to know whether you might want to grant me permission to permanently place it directly into the Medical Assistant Net website at MedicalAssistant.net. Or maybe, if you prefer, into the Medical Assistant Net Blog at http://www.medicalassistantnet.blogspot.com.

Because otherwise this valuable and well written advice will eventually get buried behind all new messages here. That would be a shame. It's just such a down to earth article we all can relate to. I bet this happens to everybody sooner or later.

So, please, let me know how you feel about sharing your story and advice permanently with medical assistants that come to the Medical Assistant Net website.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Hi Danni,

I would be honored to have have this place where ever you think it would help the most. Thank you for the kind words.

My name makes me smile.

Are You Working? yes

Thanks!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Hi!
I am pleased to announce that the above advice from our fellow medical assistant (for 15 years) and web forum contributor has been permanently worked into the Certmedassistant.com web site. Her advice is truly valuable and deserves a more permanent spot. Don't you agree?

It can be read under "Medical Assistant's Duties" at http://www.certmedassistant.com/duties.htm

Thanks for your much appreciated support!

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Site Admin

Thank You! I am truly honored!

Are You Working? yes