This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Getting a job

How did you get your job as a medical assistant?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No

Re: Getting a job

This sounds like an interesting thread,if it gets responded to. I am curious to the answers. I wonder how many found jobs through word of mouth.

Are You Working? No

I was just hired on as a temp at the place where I did my externship, even thought it may not last long its still good work experience.

Are You Working? yes

I was hired by the doctor's office where I did my extern******so. My last week, I left a resume' with the doctor I worked very closely with. (it was his private practice) He called me himself with a job offer after I graduated school($12 hr 15 rs ago). This was a great office to start my career. I was hired as a MA and two months down the road the office took a major change, the doctor was starting the first step in inventing a method of birth control and I was his right hand,I was promoted to Office Manager, hiring staff and running the office and assisting in his priviate project of birth control, writing reports for FDA, filing forms for Grant Funds(he had a lab build in the office, we hired lab staff) The best start of a career. To this day I am thankful we found one another. This is unbelievable to me......and it happened to me. I miss him, he is very sick now but I am greatful for him.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes