This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Online LPN training?

Searched for programs offering online LPN or LVN training. Can't find any colleges in my area. Are any classes offered online? And what should one look for in a good school?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: med transcriptionist

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yea

Re: Online LPN training?

You may want to check out a nursing website such as allnurses.com

Even if you find classes online, you will still need to do your hospital clinicals on site somewhere.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA/CNA/SN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

There are no online classes for the lpn program. the lpn program is regulated by your state board of nursing and they have specific requirements that must be met
1. the school must be approved by the state board of nursing
2. The lpn student must meet the specific number of "theory' hour mandated by the state board of nursing
3. the lpn student must meet the specific number of "clinicals'" hours mandated by the state board of nursing.
4. all nursing students have to have a background check before being allowed to take the nclex for state licensing.

These are just a few of the regulations that are required, there are to many to list. I would suggest you check with your state board of nursing for the approved list of schools in your state.

as far as what to look for in your school, I would say ask the state board of nursing for the nclex pass/fail rate for each school. I would look for a school with a high pass rate of about 95% or higher.

https://www.ncsbn.org/515.htm

Your Professional Title/Credentials: lpn

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

My sister is in a self-study program. It is not online but she doesn't attend classes. She only goes in to the campus to take her exams. It is self-paced and in Oklahoma. She does have to do her hospital rotations though with an instructor.

Are You Working? yes

We can now take all of our theory courses online. I am taking health promotions online now ( OB/peds), and will be sitting for boards in January. I also took Pharmacology online. It is a new state -wide curriculum

Are You Working? yes

Hello guys! I am new here!

Does anyone has MSN?

I am 24 years old and I am trying to decide to go for EKG , medical assistant ou something like that... I see that the salary is not the best... Does anyone here knows about M.A. ONLINE COURSE? Do people actually hire someone with a online course?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW... My msn juliana_aupair@hotmail.com

I need to know some way to find a job in the hospital, have some experience, even though I will just start the classes in march... BUT without knowing people in the health area... Its gonna be impossible!

help please!!!

Thank you!

I have noticed a lot of people writing in wondering if they should go for the EKG tech training,or something else. This is a question I would like to see answered-has anybody gone through an EKG training program,only to find a dearth of jobs available once they became certified?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

If you work for a hospital, EKG training is offered once you are hired. It is actually more involved telemetry. I'd rather wait and have my employer pay for the training.

Are You Working? yes

I was wondering how you can find the self study courses for LPN ? Tracy what state are you in? If I get an assosciate degree in MA would that put me ahead any if I go on to nursing school?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA

Are You Working? yes

Ramsey,
This thread is over 2 years old or almost.
But to answer your questions. If you are going to become a nurse you might want to consider doing the whole thing at once. I mean doing RN instead of LPN/LVN LVN's do work in hospitals but the majority of their jobs are in "old people" homes or with invalids(SP?). Not to down LVN's at all just saying for the time spent on LVN might as well do RN and get paid twice as much in the end.

IF your mind is set on becoming a LVN i suggest you do some real research on the school and what YOUR state requires to become a Licensed Vocational Nurse via the state board test. Some schools offer LVN training but in the end your not able to take the state board and well at that point you wasted alot of money on something you cant use, similar to some Medical assistant schools.

My suggestion is to go over to www.allnurses.com and read up more in YOUR states forum in the student section.

Hope that helps ya
Luis

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes, not in medical field

Thnak-you for the information

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA

Are You Working? yes

LPN/LVN seems to vary state by state. In California you do not even have to go to school to get your LVN, you get your license by experience; but you have to have a butt load of clinical hours like CNA work up the wazoo. I do know that Excelsior does an on-line RN and you get it pretty quick, but make sure your state accepts it; I am in California and even though Excelsior is accredited the California BRN will not accept or give a license to students from this school.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA-C, CLD

Are You Still In School? Nursing school (BSN)

Are You Working? Self employed certified birth doula