This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Temp job

I accepted a postion in medical records dept. for the dr. I did my internship with. Its a temp. postion and they said they didn't know how long it could last. I am excited to be there but at the same time I have some doubts about it. I am just wanting others opion on me taking this postion. Do you think it was a good choice to take a temp postion? Does it look good that I was offered a job where I did my internship at? I am hopeing that I can move up within the drs. office I am at but that may not happen. Thanks

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? yes

Re: Temp job

Yes to some degree it looks good to have been hired on at your extern site. To some degree means someone may take note & think "nice to know someone liked her work right out of the ballpark". Someone else might not even give it a second thought, it's still a nice start if you ask me. That being said, as far as the temp position goes there are definate pros and cons (as w/EVERY job). For one it depends on how temporary the temp assignment is? Of coarse, like you hope, best case scenario is your there for a little while & then they hire you for clinic/front office (which ever you prefer). A less than best case scenario (but still good) might be your there for a little while (weeks..) & learn a lot about an element of the clinic (records Mgt. which some clinics do w/out a "records" person), get the inside scoop on some other places where you might want to work etc..etc..& have a nice start to your resume.

Here's where in my opinion it starts to "NOT" work in your favor. Your there for longer than a couple months & still just receiving "vague promises of future employment"... which never seem to develope into anything more...etc.. #1 you run the risk of forgetting or having to relearn the hands-on skills you aquired in school. #2 if your there for a long time & they don't ultimately hire you...how would that look?

These are just some thoughts...the hard part is deciding! I hope your there for a couple of weeks & they HIRE you!!! Good luck.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA, Special Procedures Technitian

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes