This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Becoming Certified for 2007

Happy New Year!!! I just wanted to remind all Medical Assistants, practicing or not, to BECOME CERTIFIED/REGISTERED Medical Assistants this year!!! The health care field has a crucial shortage of personnel. With this in mind, it is only fair to tell you becoming certified would better your chances of getting the most out of your career. Salaries are always increasing for those who are credentialed!!! If you did not set a New Year resolution, then I challenge you to do so now! You will be grateful to all the opportunities that are out there for you!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA, EMT, BLS Instructor for AHA and Dept. of Public Health (Phila. PA)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: Becoming Certified for 2007

Cynthia,
I couldn't have said it any better!!! You are right. Certification is becoming more and more important as the demands and expectations of the medical assistant also have increased.

Thank you for your support over all those years.

Happy new year 2007.

Danni

PS. I hope you don't mind... but I will post your new year's message and reminder dirctly to the MedicalAssistant.net and Certmedassistant.com website. Otherwise, just let me know and I'll type up my own message. I wouldn't want you to be upset for taking a short cut, though.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner / Site Admin

Is there a website to help prepare you for the state exams? I live in PA and will graduate June 13th and will be taking the test in July. Is there just 1 test that everyone takes or is it different for every state?

Thanks!

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Not yet but will be soon.

Hi,
I don't know of a website that specifically prepares you for a certain exam, but there is the MAExamHelp.com website at www.maexamhelp.com that is full to the brim with free medical assistant reviews and self-study resources.

Also PhlebotomyPages.com -- same thing.

As far as national certification exams, they are all the same for every state, and also they are good in every state if you pass it. I am talking about certification through AAMA, or AMT, also NHA.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Site Admin