This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
opinion on bryman college

um...i'm kind of wondering if bryman college would be a good choice for me to be a medical assistant and if it would be better to get my LPN or masters

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

Re: opinion on bryman college

I do not know anything about Byrman College, but here is one thing that I keep pondering about MA vs LPN school. Here in Oklahoma, LPNs will start out at a few dollars more an hour than an MA. Most MA schools around here are 9 months, LPN less than 12.

So I say go to LPN school. It's worth the extra time.

There is a big difference in an LPN "certificate" and a "masters" degree - several thousand dollars difference.

Before you obtain a masters degree, you will need a bachelors degree --- Unless you are really smart and can convince the college to allow you to enter the masters program without first obtaining a baccalaureate.

What would you like to get your masters "in?"

Your Professional Title/Credentials: B.S.E., RMA, AHI

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes