This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I guess I don't belong anymore :(

I have passed my NCLEX and am now a LPN. I am continuing on for my RN and have one more year to go. It's bittersweet since I have been a medical assistant since 1993, and absolutely love my job and have loved being an MA. I'll still peek in now and then to see if I can help answer any questions. Good luck to everyone still in school and pursuing their dreams!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA/RMA/LPN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: I guess I don't belong anymore :(

Congrats!!! I'm sure you worked very hard to get where you are right now. I have several friends who are nurses (LPN & RN's) & I know you have to study your brains out to pass the NCLEX! So again, way to go!
As far as "leaving us" goes...you may be leaving the ranks of medical assistants, but we're all a part of the same team (hopefully) the team of medically trained persons caring for people who are hurting & in need...so best of luck to you & I hope you land the job of your dreams!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Congratulations!!!!...I want to one day be an LPN or RN my only problem is doing the prerequisites lol

Are You Still In School? yes I start my externship March 12!!!

Are You Working? NO

Thanks guys! I agree that we are all part of the big picture. Funny thing is that I am staying at the same place of employment at least until school is done, and my job description doesn't change one bit. I am actually considered a new LPN with 8 years of experience since I have been at this job for 8 years, so my pay goes up 7%. Having the MA experience has helped tremendously during clinicals.

Are You Working? yes

Tracy,
I am so pleased to hear that you are now in the field that you worked so hard for. Setting goals was one part that got you there, but also your perseverance, and determination to make it.

You are an inspiration to others and I wish you all the best. I would love to see you continue here, at least to keep us posted of your progress, especially since I have a haunch that you are not quite "done" yet. I have a feeling you will go even further when the opportunity presents itself.

Best wishes.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner / Site Admin

Thanks Danni! I am actually in an ADN program. Since the new cirriculum change, We can take the LPN boards after finishing the first year of classes. I did it so I could make more money at my present job while finishing up my second year. The medical field is definately where I want to be. I can see myself taking classes here and there forever, so I may end up with a BSN or MSN by the time I retire :) LOL

Are You Working? yes

Hello! I found this site by accident. I was looking for the difference in a LPN and Ma. My questions weren't really answered because most of it I already knew. I will soon be a RMA. I found out early in school the difference in CMA and RMA. I will be registered and able to work anywhere in the country. The school I attend is a techincal institute but it's an accredited school. I'm glad I chose this school. I have learned alot. I noticed that some of you have stated that a MA can't administer meds. I can give meds, do phlebotomy, front and back office, medical billing and coding and many other things. I'm thinking about going to school to become a respiratory therapist. For me I wanted to ease into the medical field. Once there I realized that I'm not limited in what I can do as a RMA. I don't want to be a RN, so for me this a good career choice. As far as pay, I can make between 10 and 15 an hour. I want to work for the government and could possibly pull 25,000 a year. I don't think I will ever regret going to school. I'm also glad to have a website to go to that's for MA's. I also started working in a Dr's office before I finshed school.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Working? yes