This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Medical Assistant School

Hi everyone,

I am new to this field and have a question about becoming a medical assistant. I have my Bachelors Degree from a 4 year university but have decided to go into the MA field. It seems like there are MANY programs for medical assisting, but only SOME are accredited by the CAAHEP or ABHES. Does that make a difference in the long run? Also, has anyone done the online programs? I understand the drawing blood, injecting would not best be learned online - but I was curious if it is a valid program. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Elizabeth

Are You Still In School? Bachelors Degree

Are You Working? No

Re: Medical Assistant School

Hi Elizabeth-
Sorry nobody has gotten back to you on your questions. I am pretty sure that the certifying agencies will only accept the applicant if their training was through a school that is accredited by CAAHEP etc. The ones that aren't are questionable.

Online programs......only someone who has gone through one of them can give you a good answer on this. To the outsider it looks like something to avoid because it doesn't make much sense. Half of what is learned in an MA program is in a lab with your classmates,practicing on them.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Re: Medical Assistant School

Go to a community college to become a medical assistant!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA, DT, CNA

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes