This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Electronic Charts

I was wondering how many of you are working in offices that use electronic (computer) charts and if you think errors in charting are less or more likely with them. Seems like all we do is scan and shred...so much for paperless! My dr. likes to look at paper lab reports so he can write on them and pass them to the staff to notify, scan and shred. How 'paperless' are you???

Rena

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Re: Electronic Charts

The office I work in is the same way....I hate it!!! It is very easy to forget to chart when you don't have a paper chart infront of you!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA, DT, CNA

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

My office started changing over to the electronic charts August 2006---STILL not half way done! I hate it! I did my internship with this office and I went to school for medical office so I really don't do clinical stuff more the insurance/front desk...Anyways I was hired to scan the charts! I am hopeing when this awful task is done they will allow me to do something along the lines of what I went to school for if not...new job time!

I've worked for an clinic that had electronic charts and they have literally thousands of patients so they were not even halfway through with scanning the charts when I started working there, and they had to hire a lot of people to scan the charts, Not to mention, it was very annoying having to enter all the medications the patients were on, and it was difficult to chart when we got really busy, but there were some good things about it, like less errors, an d the doctors could electronically send his notes so we always knew if he needed an injection, or something like that. I thought it was pretty much in the middle, I don't really mind EMR, everthing else is technical so why not charts???

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? yes