This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
research paper on CMA's

To anyone who can respond i would greatly appreciate it, Im doing a research paper for one of my classes on CMA's I need to know what the hours are like for someone who works in a physician office and if your reimbursed for overtime, what you are paid hourly? What are your vacation/ sick day benefits? What are the advantages and disadvantages of your job? Do you lke your job? Would you apply for this job if you could live your life over again? How did you get this job? What education and/ or work experience was needed to qualify for this position? Are you evaluated on your job performance? If yes how often? If yes does this evaluation affect your pay? If you could improve your job what would you change about it? What career advice would you give me?

If anyone can email me answers to these questions at sinearialeannan@yahoo.com, i would be so greatful :) thanks you guys!~
sheena

Your Professional Title/Credentials: College student for clinical medical assistant program

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

Re: research paper on CMA's

To anyone who can respond i would greatly appreciate it, Im doing a research paper for one of my classes on CMA's I need to know what the hours are like for someone who works in a physician office and if your reimbursed for overtime, what you are paid hourly?
15.50 as a CMA, time and a half for overtime and holidays

What are your vacation/ sick day benefits? We have PTO- paid time of that is used for vacation, holiday, sick etc.. use how you see fit. It is earned according to how many hours you put in.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of your job? Advantages, get to do alot of patient care, xrays, labs etc..
disadvantages- it's nights and weekends

Do you lke your job? Love it

Would you apply for this job if you could live your life over again? Of course, i have been there 8 years

How did you get this job? Just filling out an application- there was an ad in the paper

What education and/ or work experience was needed to qualify for this position? certification and graduation from an accredited school.

Are you evaluated on your job performance? Yearly

If yes how often?see above

If yes does this evaluation affect your pay? I suppose but there is a cost of living increase, no performance raises

If you could improve your job what would you change about it? Nothing really, I love it

What career advice would you give me? Experience as much as you can in school, so you can go into a job with confidence and self esteem. Be a team player and advocate for your patients. Healthcare is a wonderful career!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA/RMA/LPN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Thank you so very much i greatly appreciate it :)

Your Professional Title/Credentials: student

Are You Working? no

I should just go through previous posts, and work with everybody here to collectively put together this sort of list, and then make it "Sticky" so that it always stays on top of this list. Not that I mind repeat questions... not at all!!!

It's just that we have been getting identical requests many times in the past. Medical assistant students often need them for homework assignment, other projects, or for inclusion in their school application.

I believe this would save our present message board members, and the person who needs the info a lot of time, if they could just copy the questions and answers directly from here, and use it.

Is there anybody who disagrees? Or anybody who will not grant permission? If so, let me know.

Thanks.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Site Admin

I agree Danni. It seems that every semester I see a few of these types of posts :)
You're welcome Sheena!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA/LPN

Are You Working? yes

I think It's a wonderfull idea. I am currently taking a Front Office Medical Assistant Class and have been looking everywhere for the information I need. Then I found this site. Thanks for all the information this is really going to help me out a lot.

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? no

Tracy

I did my report today and everyone liked what was said. They would all like to know where you live because of how much you make LOL :) thanks

Your Professional Title/Credentials: student

Are You Working? no

I live in southeastern Wisconsin. Wages for CMA range from $11.50-15.00

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA/LPN

Are You Working? yes