This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
er multi tech/ekg or phlebotomist

I am a certified dietitian assistant for 11 years and almost finish with medical assistant school and wondering can I do my externship at the hospital that I am currently working? I been working at the hospital for 11 years. I was told by another person who work at another department at the hospital said that I could do my externship in either phlebotomy, ekg or multi tech in the er she is a supervisor and does the paper work for externships. I was just wondering because I do not want to go part time at my job just to do externship at a doctor's office because I will lose my benefits. Once I do my externship at the hospital and pass my exam she will hire me full time either in phlebotomy or multi tech in the er when there's an openning. So basically I am lined up for a job transfer once I pass. Is it worth it to do externship in the hospital or should I go part time and do my externship at the doctor's office that I planned on going? My plan was to do externship in the er and then transfer to that department when I pass and openning is available but meanwhile still work full time as dietitian assistant. Is this a right choice?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: dietitian assistant

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: er multi tech/ekg or phlebotomist

You already have experience at that facility. It may be more beneficial to you to gain experience somewhere else. See different things, new ways of charting, rooming, different eqipment etc... the more variety you are exposed to, the better off you will be when you graduate.JMO

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA/LPN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes