This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just wanted to clarify my previous post!!!

Hey, I am not saying that MA school is a waste of time, I just feel like it, sometimes, It is so hard to find a job, where I am from( Canton, Ohio) and the pay is so horrible, that I could flip burgers for darn near the same pay. I do know some MAs who love what they do, and wouldn't change carrers, But for me, I need to make a decent living, I have two little girls, and they require and deserve a comfortable lifestyle, even though, I live in a two income household, I still want to make enough money to live financially comfortable, and not have to struggle, and I think we would all agree that it is hard to make a living making $9.00 per hour,I can make 22 dollars per hour to start as an LPN where I am from, and with my fiance's income combined, you cannot beat that. For me medical assisting was a waste of time, but for someone else this may be perfect for them, In my book, doing something you love is silly if you can't make a living at it, you have to be practical and try to get as close as possible to what you love to do while still considering the job market. So, I apoligize to those I might have offended, I was having an angry rant , and was upset because there were no jobs in the paper, So please excuse me.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? yes

Re: Just wanted to clarify my previous post!!!

Tay I feel the same way. I'm just bitter!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA, DT, CNA

Are You Working? yes

Tay, there are 48 medical assisatnt jobs found within 5 to 30 miles of Canton, Ohio RIGHT now!!!!

Go to www.medicalassistant.net and look in the upper left-hand area of the page -- for the orange box labeled "Find Jobs".

Leave "medical assistant" in the first field, but add Canton, OH in the second field -- you will instantly be taken to those jobs and it's 100% free to view and apply righ over the Internet.

Same for BradT. Just put in your location.

Danni R.

Hope this helps.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Site Admin

Danni, I know all about careerbuilder, and most of those jobs are in Akron, driving to Akron is not an option for me right now, Believe me I wish it was, Looking for a job here is a full time job.But thanks for trying to be helpful!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? yes

Tay, thanks for your response.

Glad to hear, though, that you already have bookmarked CareerBuilder.com, because in your original post you mentioned only the newspaper---which is excellent, but not the only place to look.

I truly hope, that the right job is "just arougd the corner", i.e. in your very near future. Please keep us posted.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Site Admin