This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PIMA??

Anyone studied there? Are night classes daily? Tuition? The website doesn't give much info...

Re: PIMA??

I think the tuition is like 9 or 10 grand. And I think the night classes are M-R from like 6-10pm.

Try googling PIMA tuition - I think I saw the information under NM or AZ's WIA (workforce investment act) website. It listed the program length, tuition, and other things like class hours. Each school differed in how much info they provided.

Yeah, until you are sure I wouldn't contact them just because once they have your phone number who knows how much they will call you.....that's the reason I dug around online.

WHY do expensive... This is beginning to seem hopeless. I work full-time until 6pm. I can't seem to find a program that will fit my schedule / budget.

Don't fall for that con. You will never make enough money to justify paying that much! Go to a community college

problem is for some of us, the only options are the private proprietary schools. Where I live (a city of about 700,000) the options are Pima, Apollo, and Kaplan. All about the same price. Which is why I'm not going to do it I guess. I asked the coordinator of the medical office assistant program at the local community college if they would consider a full medical assistant program about 18 mos ago and she seemed interested but nothing has come of it.

I would become a nursing assistant first. Most community colleges offer this course and a lot of nursing homes do as well. Once you become a CNA you can work in a lot of differnt settings and sometimes the pay is better then that of an MA. The nursing assistant course will cost way less ( around $800 dollars at the community college here and free if you do it at the Nursing home, but you have to agree to work there or pay them for the course if you leave). DO NOT SPEND 10K ON A MEDICAL ASSISTING PROGRAM!!!! I paid 4k for my AA degree at the community college. If you are willing to spend that kind of money become a RN or get another degree!!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA, DT, CNA

Are You Working? yes

Brad-Your letters are intriguing. Would you still tell someone who thinks they want to become an MA if they can go to school on a full grant NOT to do it,or do you think in the long run they would be better off trying something else all together,no matter what the cost? I see a lot of animosity on this board towards the whole field of medical assisting (most of it warranted) and I would like to know your reasons. Did you have a hard time finding work as a MA? Were you told some untruths at your orientation,about the pay scale and such? What would you say to someone who doesn't want to go in the direction of being a nurses aide,nor a nurse,but still would like to do something similar? I hope you realize that many think that way,that they don't want to work in a nursing home but they don't want to go near an ICU or an ER either,plus the waiting list for a nursing program is long. So they find themselves drifting towards the only thing left-medical assisting.