This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Skills Check List

Does anyone have or know where I can obtain a MA skills check list?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Re: Skills Check List

Do they not sell them at your school? Mine came with my main text book

This isn't for school ( i have my degree) I need one for the office

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA, DT, CNA

Are You Working? yes

Is this for a job description?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: LPN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

yeah it is

Are You Working? yes

1. Models a high quality of professionalism at all times.
2. Rooms patients and reviews health history and is knowledgeable of age specific growth and development as related to the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient as appropriate. Documents accurate and complete collection of data as appropriate to patient contact.
3. Prepares and distributes patient test results to the physician; contacts patients of test results and follow-up activities according to provider direction.
4. Assists the clinic provider with medical procedures and exams (i.e. suturing, burns, fractures, etc.) relating to the capabilities and age specific criteria of a neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and or geriatric patient, utilizing protective devices as needed to maintain integrity of medical treatment if necessary.
5. Administers medications by all routes (excluding intravenous infusion) as ordered by the physician. Demonstrates and understands administration techniques, recognizes the implications of dosages, interactions, side effects, adverse effects, routes of administration of drugs as they apply to individual patients. Uses knowledge of medications in instructing the parents of the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, or geriatric patient about medication therapy. Works under the direction of the medical provider to provide comfort and medication measures as needed. Dispenses prescription medications through hospital pharmacy system.
6. Screens telephone calls related to patient care:
a. Obtains appropriate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
b. Consults with medical provider regarding patient feedback.
c. Direct or implement appropriate care utilizing provider direction.
7. Assists in the maintenance of medical records.
8. Coordinates the orderly and efficient flow of patients.
9. Assists the provider in completion of various medical forms, (i.e. surgical consents, RTW, school forms, Workers Compensation, etc.).
10. Gives or reinforces patient teaching as directed or established by medical provider and provides basic health care instruction. Instructions are geared to the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult or geriatric patient’s level of understanding. Demonstrates the ability to communicate with all age levels and instructions are clear and concise. Documents patient and family teaching efforts and comprehension.
11. Required to complete charge ticket with all nurse rendered services with completion of ABN form as appropriate.
12. Performs laboratory testing covered by CLIA, performs venipuncture, prepares specimens for transport and complies with quality control measures.
13. Keeps an inventory of medical supplies and medications and follows medication policies.
14. Prepares and stocks patient care areas to enhance patient care and efficiency.
15. Operates special equipment (i.e. EKG, X-Ray, Life Pak etc.) and performs medical procedures as directed by the provider.
16. Conducts proper biohazard waste disposal following components of the Blood borne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan.
17. Operates the sterilizer; sterilizes instruments, executes spore testing, and completes documentation process.
18. Executes scheduled cleaning maintenance of diagnostic equipment and will initiate requests for repair (or replacements) of medical equipment through appropriate departments as necessary.
19. Practices infection control techniques.
20. Maintains patient and staff confidentiality.
21. Practices the Fort HealthCare service standards.
22. Attends all mandatory in-services and department meetings.
23. Required to rotate shifts and work weekends, holidays and reasonable amounts of overtime.
24. Responds to emergency codes and other emergency situations.
25. Adheres to all policies, laws, standards and/ or regulations established by federal and state regulatory agencies and/ or governing bodies in the course of performing job duties.
26. Actively participates in the improvement process within and between departments of Fort HealthCare/Fort Medical Group.
27. Knows, understands, and responsible for advancing the mission and vision of the organization.

How's that?

Are You Working? yes

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are You Working? yes

You're welcome