This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
just curious

hey everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that I had a job interview last week, but I'm still waiting for her to get back with me, she said she liked me but she was just unsure about me because I don't have very much experience. So she said she was going to take until the end of this coming week to think about it, so wish me luck ( P.S. the pay is good too) anyway, my question is (if I don't get this job) what should I do to find more job leads, I check my local paper everyday, and there is usually nothing in there or maybe two jobs, I also check careerbuilder, and monster, and all those other job sites, and it usually doesn't have much. I know that a lot of jobs are un advertised , so I was wondering if anyone had any tips I could use, One of my former classmates told me to look in the phone book and call a bunch of places, then send my resume to their office managers. But I was wondering if this is a good idea, I hate to bother the offices, and If the place is not hiring, I don't want to send my resume, and waste expensive stamps!! But maybe, I should, if it would get me a job!! any tips that anyone has will be appreciated.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? nope

Re: just curious

What about your local workforce development center? Your local schools should have leads as well.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: LPN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: just curious

network, ask them if they know of other offices that may need your services

Your Professional Title/Credentials: working on it

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no