This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So, I'm having a HARD time,but still lookin......

Okay, I am having the worst time looking for a job, but lately things have been looking up, I had an excellent interview the other day, and I'm still waiting to hear back from an interview I had two weeks ago, so that's two interviews in one month!! Unfortunantely I bombed an interview that I had last month so I didn't get the job, but hey I got an interview at least, so I must be doing something right. Right?? Well today I have been calling all kinds of offices and calling back some job leads tying to find a job. I decided to call my externship site to see if they had any jobs, when I left they didn't have anything available. Mind you, I have seen a few jobs on their website, and I have sent my resume, every time I seen something, BuT I never heard anything back, and you know how human resources offices can be, not wanting to tell you any information. So I called the supervisor of the internal medicine clinic that I worked with on my externship. She said " as a matter fo fact, I do have and opening for A full time MA, when can you come in for an interview" So now I have an interview next week with them. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I have been looking since February and I'm getting desperate!!!I think I have a good chance since I got a great evaluation from them, when I left, and all the girls that worked there didn't want me to leave. Plus every reference that I have is from there so I hope I get the job!!. I really don't know what I can do to prove that I should have the job except what I have already done while on externship.I guess I have an advantage over anyone else she may interivew, Right???..........................

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? nope..still lookin though

Re: So, I'm having a HARD time,but still lookin......

You bet you do! You know how the clinic runs, their charting system, plus they have seen you in action.
Let them know that you are anxious to learn more and how much you enjoyed it there during externship.
* Positive thoughts out to you*!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: LPN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: So, I'm having a HARD time,but still lookin......

Just wondering,when you have these interviews (which means you ARE doing something right),are you sending a thank you note afterwards? Doing a follow up call? Are you submitting at least one good letter of reference,like from a teacher? Did your school have you make out a portfolio with any certificates you may have gotten from them (like for OSHA training ,etc) to take on these interviews? These things are supposed to help. Was there a "career coordinator" at your school? Sometimes a good word from them goes a long way.