This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help- Tutor!!!!

Hi I am new to this web site and thought i would check this out to see if this would help me with what i need. I graduated 2003 from medical asisting. i have had a hard time passing the cma test. I am trying to find a tutor to help me pass the test. Is there any sugestions out there. I have tried the aama certification, and tried other colleges inculding my own college that i graduated from. There is no help unless i am a student there.
Any help out there???

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? not at the moment

Re: Help- Tutor!!!!

Have you considered taking the RMA exam through AMT? It really isn't that hard to pass,it's 200 questions and all you need is a score of 70 or higher,plus you can take this test almost any day of the year and not just the 2 times like the one through AAMA. I have the RMA Practice test and answers that would normally cost you if you got it from AMT and if you want a copy then e-mail me.

there is a study book that from Saunders, they break down everything you learn in school and they have two practice tests, It is an excellent book, I passed my test with flying colrs, and so did my friend who I borrowed the book after me.So try that book!! Also, have you identified the are that you are weakest in?? Maybe you are studying parts that you really don't need to study and that's affecting you.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? nope..still lookin though

Just thought I would mention, if you don't have a friend to borrow the prep book from, go to your local library and see if they have one.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA,RN

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Can you contact your old school for information? In my area twice a year the have a review for several nights for a few weeks; before the exam.