This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sorry...i forgot to say something

I heard that medical assistant are also going to be paid better in the future. (I emailed a Medical Assistant instructor at the local community college, telling her my story of how confusted i am and if i should go the CMA or LPN route. She in turn told me that CMA's are an up and coming thing. her words were that "the future is looking very bright for the CMA as that they are being more recognized" when i told her how the pay is so low, she told me the pay is expected to increase) ???

Re: sorry...i forgot to say something

What did you think they were going to tell you? If you're interested in the money you need to go to NURSING SCHOOL because CMA don't and wont make much money? As someone stated in another topic IT'S A NO BRAIN'r. CMA'S are CERTIFIED which means VOLUNTARY credentialing process, NURSES are licensed there's a huge difference.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: lpn

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

It's been " on the rise" for 15 years. They told me the same thing back then. They say alot of things to recruit new students. If they raised the pay for CMA's, the nursing pay would have to increase as well, and I don't see that happening anytime soon. Where I live CMA's make about $2 less than LPN.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: LPN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

do what you want to do. Nurses are working more and more in critical care situations, MAs are filling in doing things Nurses used to in practices. As pointed out your scope of practice comes from certification and training, that can come from the provider of the practice. While a Nurses license to practice comes from a nursing board. If you are after the cash more education is the ticket. Do what makes you happy. Working in a job you hate may be the trade off for the potential pay. Call local facilities and ask to interview MAs, and Nurses. Be sure to check out true job potential, were my wife works LPNs work as technicians rather than nurses. At the CC near here there is a point system and prerequisites to attempt to get into a very competitive RN 2-year-Program.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: working on it

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no