This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is going on here?( my rant)

Ok I have been reading this board for a while.To put it honestly I am very sick and tired of the neg posts about being an M.A. This is an M.A board! I just don't get it. Is there anyone out there besides me who is happy being "just" an MA? I say "just" because it seems lately so many are getting on here saying that MA's make peanuts,nursing is better.Well when does that stop?Ya know nurses make peanuts ....we all need to be M.D's!!!
I dont know maybe I am just in a bad mood.I try to come on here to talk with other MA's who love doing what they do. Its not rocket science here, anyone who is debating spending any money on a school and starting a career should research.Call several local Dr's offices, find out what exactly what being an MA entails and what the avg. pay is in your area, then decide.
If you do happen to go for MA and find its not all its cracked up to be ..fine , just dont put down those of us who find it very rewarding! PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS IN NO WAY DIRECTED AT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE GENERALLY INTERESTED, PEOPLE WHO COME HERE AND ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR FIELD!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: M.A

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: What is going on here?( my rant)

I apologize if anyone took a reply that I have posted as NEGATIVE in regards to CMA/CNA'S because I have the upmost respect for these individuals, they work their A$! off, and I personally think they are way under paid for the task that they do. My response was directed to the specific question of CMA vs LPN/NURSE, Which to choose if you're trying to decide which to go into. The MA's I work with went through 2yr programs which included the basic's in A&P I & II, Med Terminology I & II, Med Math, Science I & II, 3 Clinical labs, xterineships, and many many other pre req classes, as well as the basics like english, math etc. and they all say it wasn't easy, and took alot of dedication. So to close just RESEARCH which ever you decide to enroll in, and be dedicated to it. ONLY you know what's best for YOU!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: rn

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

I have really tried to just give out information, and not take sides. I hope I haven't offended anyone with my comments.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: LPN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

I am right there with Jen and Becca!!!

Up to the year 2001, or so, there were NO medical assistant websites or forums on the Internet at all.

I spent thousands of hours to learn web design, and a huge amount of dollars to secure domain names, develop websites, and pay for hosting these sites, including this forum, just so we have a place to network among peers like nurses already had for years!

I'd hate to see these efforts spoiled for those who have been coming here for years, and newbies, who truly enjoy and love the medical assisting career.

This forum's motto is and remains: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

It really is NOT rocket science!!! If you want to be a medical assistant, do your research, and then, be one. Take pride in what you do, overcome the bumps in the road, and come back here to lend a helping hand in the true spirit of the Internet!!!!

If not, I just might have to consider stronger controls, perhaps by locking threads again, or dishing out "bans" should tempers flare. And last but not least: keep it professional.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Tracy,
thanks for your very thoughtful response.

I am not surprised you posted this just a moment ago right as I was typing my own response to Jen and Becca.

I was thinking about you... in terms of how you have done a fine job supporting this forum, and remaining factual, not taking sides, despite of the questions involving the "what's better, medical assisting or nursing" issue that some are getting a little annoyed with at this moment.

We can't blame them, even I am getting a bit "antsy" about this right now. Venting is one thing, but carrying on is another. And you have been more than patient with this, right along with me, and others.

However, let's see if we can now pull together and try to turn this forum back around to where it was a few weeks ago. I know you love coming here as much as I, do, and nothing makes us feel better, than giving great advice, or a helping hand to our peers.

I appreciate your help.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin