This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'M IN

I haven't posted in awhile because I've been buisy taking the exams to get into LPN training, well I'M IN, it was pretty easy I took the comp test, cpr trainning, and the nurses exam and I start August '07. NO WAITING LIST OR NOTHING..... I'm so glad I found this site before I decided which program to enter. To all of those trying to decide still, go to the school in your area before you decide BECAUSE EVERYTHING I WAS TOLD ABOUT LPN AND THE SCHOOLS ENDED UP NOT BEING TRUE, here lpn's have never been IV certified, NOW starting in AUG when I begin school it's part of the lpn trainning the school not only change it for themselves but changed the LAW in Ms.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: STUDENT

Are You Still In School? SOON

Are You Working? yes

Re: I'M IN

Wow..I just read your post. CONGRATS!! Thats great. Can I ask, where do you live? I have been trying to decide whether to go for CMa or LPN, but now I think I am going for LPN, because I talked to the Advisor at my communty college and they are starting an LPN program, so I am so happy. (I live in a suburb outside Chicago, and there weren't many LPN programs around unless I want to pay big bucks). I want to eventually be an RN, but with 2 kids (I am 32 years old and a stay at home mom) I figured I would be an LPN first. 1 year at a time is easier for me) Let me know any more info that you can think of that may come in handy for me. I am going to go see an Academic Advisor to see what classes I need. I already have my Associates Degree, but I need to take some Math and science classes and a CNA certification before I can get into the LPN program. How were the math and sciences to get into the program? (Those are my 2 worst subjects!)
Thanks

jackE-Just out of curiosity,what all were you told that wasn't true besides about the lack of a waiting list and the bit about IVs?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

THANKS Linda, I live in Mississippi, and I to am in my 30's/ 35 to be exact with children, I too plan to be an RN, I'm going to go for the LPN 1st because it will leave me unemployed while i'm in school the hours are 7-4:30 M-F THEN when I get n/2 the clinicals it's 6:30 til 5 and then bridge over to the RN, that way I can go to work as an LPN, while I do the RN bridge over at night and do the clinicals on weekends. I was told all sorts of things about the lpn's such as they are being phased out, pay is no better than a cma, you could'nt work home health, mental health,or in the hospitals, the waiting list was 3/4 years to get in, there was no way you could do it in 1 year, to bridge over to an RN you had a X amount of time to do it because there was an Expiration on the classes. I received a schedule of all the classes I have to take for the lpn program and the classes for the RN bridge over and either way I decided to go the LPN is a 1 year program and the RN is 2yrs (AND I ASK, if I do the LPN/RN BRIDGE OVER does that mean I go for MORE 2yrs? They said NO 1 year since you will be a licenced LPN) that's when they gave me the class schedule; and explained there is no waiting list to do the RN or the LPN/RN bridge over programs. I was also told that when I started the LPN program and were to decided to just go ahead and go for the RN just let em know around MID way thru and they would readjust my classes that way I would be Only 2 years in school. But Linda do check in your area, because in MS there are DOZENS of nursing schools WHICH MAY HAVE something to do with the WAITING lits that I kept hearing about, it may be different in other states. I honestly didn't realize how many Nursing schools there are in my area, the community college I will be attending has 3 full time Nursing School locations. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: STUDENT

Are You Still In School? SOON

Are You Working? yes