This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Certification test

Hello everybody,
Here is my question. I am taking my certification test in Oct and I would like to know what is on the test. Will I have to do practical stuff as well. Such as drawing blood from somebody, Gram staining etc. How long is the test. and what is the minimum grade a person can get to pass the test. Thanking you kindly larry Jones

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical assistant

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Not as a medical assistant

Re: Certification test

Which test is it? Through AAMA? AMT? NCCT?
This may be helpful for people to give you an answer :)

Your Professional Title/Credentials: LPN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

I will be taking the test through the AAMA. If any body can give me info on it please do. I would appreciate all that you can say.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical assistant

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? not as a medical assistant

The AAMA test is all written. You need to know EVERYTHING! Clinical & administrative questions will be asked. It's an awesome achievement to pass it. I would recommend that you take a review course for the test if one is offered in your area. GOOD LUCK!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA, RPT

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? Yes, instructor

You are graded on three different subject areas: general, clinical, and administrative content. You must pass each of the sections with a minimum of 400 points (I believe?!) The test is about 3 hours long. If you have already registered with the AAMA, then they should have/will send you a test outline, as well as, a sample test booklet. There are also a few really good study guides out there. You should be able to find them in a book store like Barnes & Nobles, etc. Another hint: do not leave questions blank. If you do not know the answer, take a stab at it. You are penalized more for not answering than you are for answering wrong. Hope this helps...

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA, ATA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes