This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CMA BY M.D. SPONSOR IS POSSIBLE

HELLO MY QUESTION IS?
CAN I GET MY CMA BY MY WORKS EXPERIENCE?
IF IS POSSIBLE...HOW CAN I DO?
PLEASE HELP MEEEEE
THANK YOU.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: nursing assistant

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: CMA BY M.D. SPONSOR IS POSSIBLE

I think American Medical technologists will allow you to sit for their exam if you have 5 or more years of experience.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: LPN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

NHA grants healthcareer professional credentials to new graduates based on their training,
working individuals based on years of experience, or
through NHA's Home Study Program based on years of continuous employment (needs employer signature).

You can get the NHA career information kit mailed to you, if you fill out the information request form here:

http://www.certmedassistant.com/medical_assistant_certificat.htm

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

The AAMA requires that you sit for the initial examination to get the CMA credential. Afterwards, you can recertify by continuing education.
Yes, you can get the AMT credentials (RMA) with experience. However, you must still have taken a qualifying exam at some point (either the AAMA or AMT). For example: I took the AAMA (CMA) exam in 1996. It's now expired. 1) I can recertify by taking the exam again. 2) I can recertify by doing the appropriate continuing education credits. 3) I can sit for the AMT exam and get the RMA credential or 4)Since I took an initial exam and have at least 5 years of MA work experience- I can apply for the RMA credential. A physician must sign off on this.
Hope I didn't make this more confusing....

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA, ATA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Hi, I am responding to one of the replies that stated in order to get your RMA that you must have first taken the certifying exam through the AAMA. That is not true. You can't sit for the exam to become certified through the AAMA if you are not a graduate of an accredited program but if you have five or more years experience as an MA, you can sit for the RMA exam through AMT. You do not have had to of sat for your CMA or any other exam first.
Just wanted to let you know.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

That's correct.... the above post needed clarification. Thanks for taking the time to post. This makes it clearer.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Site Admin

Re: CMA / RMA Are u certified

If u get ur R.M.A certification, but your sticker for that year ran out are you still considered an R.M.A or do u have to re-take the R.M.A test again.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: c.m.a

Are You Still In School? no / graduated

Are You Working? yes, but not in the medical field

THANKS TO ALL PEOPLES FOR HELP ME TO OBTAIN MY CMA.
IF IS POSSIBLE BY NHA + SPONSOR (MEDICAL DIRECTOR OR PA-C)SIGNATURE.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Working? yes