This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need Externship Help

i have been done with my classroom requirements for more than 6 months now (from boston reed) here in vallejo (north cali). Now im not having any luck finding an extern site.

The school itself is trying to find me one, they tried to contact me last february... but luckyly my phone was broken... then a few months later, i was interviewed in napa but was rejected. Now im idle... im worried about forgetting everything i learned about CMA's.

Anyone have tips?

Re: I need Externship Help

Yeah,GO to the school,don't rely on them to get in contact with you,and if they were supposed to arrange a site for you since the beginning,then demand that they get on the ball and find some place. A school is going to have more pull in securing a site than you do on your own although you should try that also if you haven't,calling offices and asking if they would allow you to come there to get the clinical skills you need. Meanwhile that school should allow you to brush up on what you learned in their lab(if they had one),practice with current students if possible.

There are good schools and bad ones and face it,the bad ones will screw you over if you let them.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Re: I need Externship Help

to be honest, i think i got on the bad one...

they dont have their own campus and just does the classroom at an adult school.... man, im regretting everything now..... i will surely try still...